Fw:Re: Alabama Legislature Supports "New Bretton Woods"

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 18 23:17:00 PDT 2000

JUSTWATCH-L archives -- October 2000 (#631) Jeesh!

Michael Pugliese

http://listserv.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0010&L=justwatch-l&D=1&O=D&F=&S =&P=73208

Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:42:30 EDT Reply-To: International Justice Watch Discussion List

<JUSTWATCH-L at LISTSERV.ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU> Sender: International Justice Watch Discussion List

<JUSTWATCH-L at LISTSERV.ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU> From: "Nalini Lasiewicz (twatch-l)" <LasiewiczN at AOL.COM> Subject: Re: Alabama Legislature Supports "New Bretton Woods" Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"

Hi Craig:

Yep, this Larouch is the same one you are talking about. However, he has been out of jail for years and has been addressing governments all over the world, most recently the Italian Parliment from what I heard. In fact, I just found that the last of the forty political prisoners associated with Larouch, jailed in the 1980's, will be released tomorrow....that being Michael Billington. (sp?) These aren't the first people in history to be jailed by their government and made out to be "felons" on false charges. There has been a campaign to clear his name and perhaps one day we'll find out that he was a victim of our own government, just like the old anti-war activists of the sixties were eventually cleared of their criminal status.

I became acquainted with Larouche through their newspaper at the local post office which had excellent reporting on the war in Bosnia and I do mean excellent. In fact, of nearly all media reporting I was acquainted, theirs was among the best.

I then found out first hand that Larouch and his organization are considered 'personal non grata' in Washington when I invited their Wash. correspondant to a reception I held for a member of the Bosnian embassy during one of the ACSB conferences. I was told by the Bosnian Ambassador that if I allowed the journalist in, he would cancel my event! The event organizer got hysterical about hearing that he was invited. They called him all these weird names and everyone acted really emotional. That made me very curious. Rather that make me adopt the "Larouche is crazy" line so popular in this country, it made me very skeptical about why the US government was so against his ideas.......what's he saying that is such a threat to our country?? I continue to get their newsletter although I must say I think their Balkan coverage is still the best thing about it. Some of the antagonism that he has for George Soros and for Dr. Korkovian (sp?) sound pretty paranoid, but then again, I value hearing from 'the other side' of most issues.

While I don't agree with all their campaigns, I think that his concern for a stable world economy is very important and worthy of attention. Why not check out the web site to decide for yourself whether his ideas make any sense?

All good, Nalini Lasiewicz