guns & purses (was Re: guns & crime)

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Thu Oct 19 21:54:25 PDT 2000

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Justin Schwartz wrote:

> OK, I see. There is no 5th Cir opinion. There is a (lawless, insane,
> judicially active) district (trial) court opinion, which the government has
> appealed to the 5C. There were oral arguments in June. Depending on how fast
> the 5C moves, the opinion will be out anytime from soon to several years. I
> expect the district court will be reversed. --jks

>From Matt:

> > 1999, U.S. District Judge Sam R. Cummings of Lubbock, Texas declared

Justin, isn't this the same nutcase you mentioned earlier? This guy is a darling of the pseudo-libertarian talk radio scene in Houston.

I am more curious though, as to what this 'collective' right to bear arms is that you say most of the jurisprudence points to. What other right on the good old sacred BOR is 'collective and how is the 2A diff?

> > (Sources: Neal Knox/Shotgun News; Tom Gresham; WorldNetDaily.com)

No comment.

> >"The Constitution shall never be construed..."
> >
> > "[T]he said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize
> > Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of
> > conscience; or to prevent the people of the United who are
> > peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
> > -- Samuel Adams, 1788.

And he is still making some damn fine beer!

> > "May it be to the world... to assume the blessings and security of
> > self-government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Just remember, as with that other self pleasure, too much and you'll get callouses. Or acne.

Joseph Noonan Houston, TX jfn1 at msc.com