"Heterosexual Marriage"!

Christopher Susi chris at susi.net
Sat Oct 21 14:36:40 PDT 2000

Indestructable? No. Significantly improved over wetware? Yes. Electrical or silicon based life-forms may very well be subjectable to a whole new range of attacks that humans are also immune. Electromagnetic Pulse comes to mind. Removing their power source. A powerfull magnetic force "erasing" them from a magnetic media. Also think hacker type attacks. A bug in their software might be exploited to cause a DOS or to gain control of them.

Lawnmower Man and The Terminator come to mind. Terminator is not a human mind in an indestructable body, but rather AI becoming self-aware and it's recognition of humans as the enemy. Even still it's a good question. Once a few humans were to be become 'digitized', how long would it be till they saw existing humanity that doesn't want to grant them "equal rights and able to be turned off at will" as an enemy.