Cybersilliness

Christopher Susi chris at susi.net
Sat Oct 21 15:38:17 PDT 2000

It's just as natural as any other group that dies off due to lack of available resources to them. Why are humans exempt from the laws of nature that in times of scarcity the population thins or may become extinct. The only difference is that humans are probably the first species that is able to understand what is happeneing and to control their envioronment. So just because one group is now able to help redistribute resources from a , there is somehow a duty to do so? Why, other than to somehow appease my guilt or fear of being the one left behind.

Of course, humans may also be the ones hoarding the resources and causing the lack of resources to be available. Yet somehow you don't find this also to be natural? In nature, when Species A gains a competitive advantage (runs faster) and becomes Species A1, do you think Species A1 would ever share this new found ability to gather food with Species A. Of course not, the prior one (if unable to surivive) dies. This is life.

> As for cyborgs -- they're already here. Every 1st world citizen is a
> highly engineered product of nutritional science, medicine, education,
> technology, etc. And we already have intelligent AIs with powerful
> neural networks, voice-recognition capability and olfactory detection
> systems: just ask any dog-owner.

Damn striaght. I argue that 500,000 years ago when man used the first tool he set the process in motion.