"Heterosexual Marriage"!

elena spectra at elits.rousse.bg
Sun Oct 22 06:54:41 PDT 2000

----- Original Mess ----- From: Christopher Susi <chris at susi.net
> we need oxygen, we save them from starvation.
> My argument can be made on both a macro-level ... all the way down to a
micro-level ... When there is no inherent
> benefit, why should they be saved? ... I could
> even make a case (probably a pretty strong one) that if they live and grow
> strong that they may become a significant threat.

Snipped cos what's left seemed, to me at least, precisely the point that tickled me to reply. It's not just that I don't like bullies (that's personal, hence ignorable and surely not worth webcasting on lbo). Rather, I get b/itchy about a global bully (like the US currently) flexing muscles on each and every occasion (but, I guess, that's my own problem). Maybe, because I happen to live in interesting times in an interesting country , which, for the last 1000 years, seems to have been strategically prostituting as *'s colony (colony in a Saidian sense for kelley, yoshie etc) by necessity. That's not the point, though. I'd invert/edit your question, and wait for your answer:
> When there is no inherent
> benefit, (why) should they be saved?
as * Why not just let them be starved, if there is no inherent benefit?
>From a bully's point of view, this should make perfect sense: is that what
you are advocating?

Elena P.S.

> (It is bad manners, however, to use this device to show that another
writer
> is a lousy speller or otherwise unlettered.)

Yep, I was intentionally trying to be as offenisve (sic!) as possible. Sorry ab that - honest. A bad thing, too: the only excuse I can offer is: imagine having to work on a Sunday without the required bowl of Java-coffee to boot you... But! I usually get away with that (i.e. your sic!s, cos I'm a furriner......:o) P.P.S. a case of cross-cultural skidding:

> Also, I have never read "the Tempest" (sic!). You know you should never
> assume, because you know where that gets you. However, if you recommend
it,
> I will put it on my reading list.

explanation: Shakespeare was part of both Bulgarian high-school/ Russian high-school curriculum in (respectively) late '70's - early '80's. Was it wrong to deduce that he was excluded from US high-school requirements? Though, The Tempest would be a brain-disturber, so, maybe, after all, it was de-mock-rat-ically censured...