Cybersilliness

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Oct 22 15:24:46 PDT 2000

Christopher Susi wrote:

>Another kid
>that is exceptionally smart goes on to harvard and becomes a doctor or
>lawyer. These are specific traits that were bestowed on them by sheer luck
>of the gene pool that provided them with a better chance of success.

Wow, is there really a Harvard gene?This human genome mapping thing is much further advanced than I'd realized. Are there separate variants for each professional school? Is there a Yale gene too? Smith and Holyoke? Back in the 70s, we used to say "Smith to bed, Holyoke to wed." Was that genetically encoded too? Maybe there's an IvLg locus on the Y chromosome, and a SvnSis on the X. But that wouldn't work anymore, would it?

Doug