Cybersilliness

Tom Lehman TLehman at lor.net
Sun Oct 22 18:07:30 PDT 2000

This thread reminds me of Friday night.

We had our annual union Haloween party and 300 or 400 little monsters attended with some form of parental supervision.

This annual event is a John Boy production and John Boy was in all his glory. Every year, "its gotta be bigger and better."

About half way through the event John Boy in his usual southern Ohio wacky con man style suggests to me that I make an announcement that the little dears can pick up their treat bags on the way out the door. And, "oh, Tom and by the way can you set the treat bags by the door and hand them out as they leave", pleads John Boy. Me being a good sport and not wanting to have John Boy clutching his chest while he looks for his nitro, obliges.

Everything went fairly smooth, except for one little clown who insisted that he should have more than one treat bag. I told the kid, if I give you more than one then someone else might not get one. The little clown just didn't want to hear this line of logic and kept insisting that he should have more than one treat bag.

Also, one rather pudgy little dogette, grabbed an extra treat bag and ran off with it---she and the little clown I believe are either related or belonged to the same party.

Getting back to the little clown. Jack Fleet came over and tried the same logic on the little clown that I used. The little clown looks up at Jack and says, Sooo.

John Boy claims that the parents of the little offenders don't belong to our local.

Tom