Fwd: Latest Presidential Election Numbers from www.gallup.com

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Mon Oct 23 12:04:34 PDT 2000

Dennis R Redmond wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, Chuck0 wrote:
>
> > You only need to look at the German Greens to understand how an American
> > version will turn out.
>
> You mean, a party which gets folks elected to positions of real power,
> fights tooth and nail for social justice in the face of overwhelming
> neoliberal opposition, and scotches military spending in favor of
> renewable energy and the welfare state's children's funds? Sign me up!

That may be what they've written on recent pamphlets, but I'm talking about the Greens who endorsed the NATO war on Yugoslavia, contradicting their long-held opposition to NATO. There's also their backpeddling on pollution and so on.

Don't even get me started on how their lame reformism will never shake up the system enough so those at the bottom can see an improvement in their lives.

Chuck0