LBO = flame city? (was RE: Survivor!)

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Oct 25 15:28:19 PDT 2000

At 05:04 PM 10/25/00 -0400, you wrote:
>kelley wrote:
>
>>he's getting at the tendency to have no patience for those who started
>>out where we were once.
>
>Of course I don't see it that way. I see some recent fire concentrated on
>a particular target - not because of inexperience or point of view so much
>as a deliberately offensive "why should I give a fuck about other people?"
>provocation. If I thought someone was being attacked just because of
>inexperience, I'd don my moderator's cap and initiate some discipline!
>
>Doug

yah, but norm complained before. i defended flamage on lbo, don't forget. i just pointed out that no one but dd called the place a flame pit. then everyone said, "i disagree,it's not a flame pit" in response to norm. well, that's not what norm said. and i happen to think that the issue of how to deal with the unelightened is an important one that has been raised here many times in response to the very same issue, only with people who are now active members of the list and some who threw up their hands and left.

kelley