LBO = flame city? (was RE: Survivor!)

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Thu Oct 26 08:34:10 PDT 2000

G'day Daniel,

>If we're having a dick-size competition for vicious
>flames, I have to nominate my discussion with Ken
>Lawrence on the Nazi Economy, which some may remember
>ended in the following fashion:
>
>">>Daniel won't trifle
>>>to study such texts; hurling insults at me is more
>>>efficient
>
>>It certainly is; fuck off."
>
>three inches.

Don't be so hard on yourself, son! That's getting on for a real trouser-filler, I reckon! To follow Carl's apposite note, certain violences of direction do suggest, er, forceful traffic in response. But I'd suggest Chris had not expressed so violent a claim to a monopoly on wisdom. And anyway, Gordon had a point, too - 'tis the vitriol-peddler's socila responsibility to wound with wit. Lists are mostly spectator sports, after all, even for incorrigible list-fillers like me.

Er, so what IS Godwin's bloody rule, anyway ...

Hope the new job's going okay, mate - and hope you're not too exposed to the Nasdunk just now ... Rob.