It's Heating Up

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Thu Oct 26 09:19:17 PDT 2000

. . . Say what? I have seen leaps of logic in LBO discussions of electoral politics, but this one is up there with the best. Who in their right mind thinks that Nader is taking ANY votes from Bush, much less a union vote? If there ever was a classic white, middle strata base of support, it is the Nader campaign. Leo

I am probably not in my right mind, but I think so. If the Democrats were a genuine class-oriented party, this would be less so. But unfortunately they are far from it, so the Repugs benefit from all sorts of leakage. I don't think some migration to Nader is implausible on its face.

Leo, I enjoy the way you get everyone all jacked up, but I don't have nearly the time to follow all the arguments. And I'd like to say the AFT is a fine bunch of folks who help to pay my salary, therein performing a huge service to Humanity.

mbs