LBO = flame city? (was RE: Survivor!)

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Oct 26 12:24:46 PDT 2000

At 11:09 AM 10/26/00 -0500, Carrol Cox wrote:

>kelley wrote:
>

> > the equivalent around here used to be "bourgeois liberal" in terms of when
> > it becomes a thread.
>
>Can you cite examples? I should think that most of those who might use it
>would
>not because they would regard it as a redundancy. "Liberal" *means*
>bourgeois in
>the way that "fox" *means* mammal. Who would speak of a "mammalian fox"?
>Still,
>no one is immune to falling into redundancy, so there may be examples to cite.
>"Bourgeois liberal" would make sense only if we commonly referred to "feudal
>liberals" or "hunter-&-gatherer liberals."

here, we can do a study. go to google. type in site: (with colon afterward). then follow with the address for the archives <dhs.org> and the expression you are looking for <"bourgeois liberal"> (put quotes around it for a phrase search)

example: if you want to search for a post yoshie wrote about feminist theory in 1999 type in type in site:nuance.dhs.org "yoshie furahashi" "feminist theory" 1999.

and i swear to all known deities that people were getting "bourgeois liberal" on the order of at least once a day. you, of course, reserved for me "moronic idiot(e)" and i felt special.

so THERE my dick is waaaaaaaay bigger than everyone else's.

god, i can't believe that not only am i allowing people to use the word dick instead of cockand not having a hissy fit about it, but i just typed the word dick instead of cock too. this list is really going to the dogs.

kelley