LBO = flame city? (was RE: Survivor!)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Oct 26 13:32:44 PDT 2000

Justin Schwartz wrote:

> I do support draconian gun control, but that is quite apart from the legal
> question of whether there is a constitutional right to bear arms. I have
> learned to distinguish the law from my policy preferences. They rarely
> coincide--here they do. --jks

I'm among those who don't particularly have a position on gun control. But in response to this: Do you really want to try to suppress hunting in the U.S.? I don't hunt or own a gun, but the category of hunters and the category of NRA gun nuts do not match one to one.

Of course "control" and "prohibit" are not the same. How would you exercise "draconian" control and still permit hunting?

Carrol