Allies against fascism?

Sat Oct 28 17:07:43 PDT 2000

>>> mschiller at mac.com 10/28/00 07:26PM >>>
Charles Brown said on 10/28/00 2:07 PM

>The notion of a campaign that began
>with the amphibious assault at Normandy
>as a 'mopping up' operation is creative.
>Pity no left historians have caught on
>to this. Only Jones. I wonder what
>Herbert Aptheker would say.

While Shirer may not have the necessary credential for your historian, he was a contemporary reporter and journalist and my recollection of his view is not very different from this characterization.

CB: Above is what Max said. I said:

I don't know where I heard it, but I heard that the Red Army inflicted 95% of the casualties on the Nazis' Army. Aptheker was probably aware of that fact.

So I agree with Shirer, if I understand that Shirer says Normandy was a small front in the war.