infowar (was: some crap about gunz)

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Oct 31 07:33:15 PST 2000

At 10:31 PM 10/30/00 +0000, jordan wrote:
>We keep coming back to this: wanting to watch Rambo and actually
>being violent are two different things. Most of the (non-domestic)
>violence in the US has very little to do with the "American
>fascination" with guns -- it has more to do with criminal attempts
>to respond to the economic disparity in this country.

Amazing. Following the same logic: "most of the (non-concentration-camp related) deaths during the Nazi occupation of Europe have little to do with the "Nazi fascination" with Aryan superiority - it has more to do with attempts to respond to the disparity of armament between Germany and her neighbors."

wojtek