R.I.P.: Adbusters

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Oct 31 11:26:21 PST 2000

>Yup, the Second Annual Steal Something Day is happening at the end of
>November.

maybe this has already happened but... was trying to explain to my mom what a DDoS attack was so i compared it to everyone going to the mall but just jamming the entrances to the parking lot and the mall so no one could park or get in.

then it occurred to me that instead of NOT shopping on the day after Thanksgiving, it would be nice if we had enough people to go to the mall, jam the parking lot with their biggest vehicles and swarm the mall and NOT buy a thing.

especially intriguing to me since one of the degradations of the mall is that, unlike other forms of consumption, the shopping mall has been aggressively built to kept it segregated from the rest of life and to keep politics absolutely away from its "private" space.

heh.