geek

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Sep 13 06:24:27 PDT 2000

>Matt
>
>1. And in going to shite, there are increasing examples of what may be
>called dick-slinging. However, also in going to shite, it has less and
>less to do with the "scene". Its become mainstream, something suits care
>about, something lusers have heard of. Just like Wired (*spit*). Hell,
>even /. , sometimes.

uhhh yeah. no dick slinging here.

heh.

matt, i'll give you an 8.5 on the snit dick-slinging meter. bill kiernan comes in close by a....uhhhh....yeah that's it...by a hair at 8.35. the jury's still out re peter v. and kendall, but i'm gonna peg 'em at 8.0 (p.v) and 8.2 (k.j.) for my early calls. need to collect more data.

man, i wish someone besides yoshie would comment on how well i wield the lesbian phallus. i do it for the greater good an' all but sometimes a girl likes a little uhhhh stroking when it comes to phallus wielding.

anyhooty, it's exactly my point: the professionalization of what was once a marginalized/underground culture is inevitable (woodchuck rant ring a bell?) with the expansion of the information society. wotevAyawannacallit. see david noble's _America By Design_ regarding the same wrt engineers, the professionalization of engineers and the expansion of engineering 'culture' to become mainstream. see, too, turf wars over who is and is not an engineer and how to become one, who gets to be called a hacker. etc

kelley (nevermind--pulled another almost all-nighter so i get a little fresh. i amuse myself. whatever. somone's gotta do it. 'sides i know chaz baby is probably rolling right now. at least he appreciates me)