W's speech

Thu Sep 14 08:53:28 PDT 2000

JKSCHW at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 9/13/00 12:50:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>dhenwood at panix.com writes:
>
><< Yes, but how do you explain Clinton, who's nothing if not articulate?
>
> Doug >>
>
>Depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

That's because he's one of your people, Justin - a lawyer. But when he's speaking as a politician, he has no rival. As James Farmelant said, Reagan was great with a script - but Clinton doesn't need a script. I have to say, as repellent as he is in so many ways, I'm going to miss the guy.

CB: Clinton is a good speaker. I wonder if he is a good writer ( one of Doug's people).