Hutton on Kissinger on Globalism

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Fri Sep 15 01:46:25 PDT 2000

I'm still listening to Will Hutton speak. He reckons his take on globalism is largely informed by none other than Henry Kissinger. The latter told the Davos forum (Homo Armanirolexicus) that, as he'd only been given eight minutes to speak, he'd better just say four things:

We all live in an American Empire;

It's not a very well run empire;

Few realise we all live in the American Empire;

We need a countervailing power in Europe to ensure some justice in this empire.

He'd have needed his whole allocation to say those four things, eh? Anyway, waddyareckon?

Cheers, Rob.