Women Gladiators - new evidence discovered

Anita Mage mage at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Sep 15 10:25:22 PDT 2000

>Anita, has there been any recent scholarship on this? We have the linear A
>and linear B tablets because they were preserved by fires that destroyed
>the palaces. And if I recall correctly, none of the tablets shows any
>awareness
>of coming catastrophe. Is there anything more definite?

It's not my field, John Chadwick would be the place to start.

I'd be pretty surprised if there were anything prescient in the lists of palace stocks.

unfortunately for us, if there were mycanean astrologers, they didn't seem to use clay tablets :(.

I'm sure you can find recent work if you search the AHCI (Arts and Humanities Citation Index) which i suppose is available to you if you have an .edu provider, otherwise the ultimate source is "L'annee philologique".

>Carrol

Anita