Nader, pro and con

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Sep 16 08:30:43 PDT 2000

> From shmage at pipeline.com Thu Sep 14 09:24:12 2000
>
> Its replacement, the hydogen-powered, all-electric,
> pollution-free Fuel Cell Car is on the way.
>
>Sure, just as soon as we can find a way to make hydrogen without
>polluting.
>
>/jordan

Electrolysis powered by wind, solar, geothermal (Iceland already plans to be a big exporter of hydrogen). Reformation of methane now vented to the atmosphere from garbage dumps and oil wells. That's for now. Next, direct production from coal with the CO2 sequestered and then biological production of hydrogen by algae. At worst, in the immediate, reforming of methane or methanol at the service station or in the car itself constitutes a huge reduction in overall emissions.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64