You Sure You Want to Vote for This Guy?

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Sep 16 15:23:15 PDT 2000

Ralph Nader to a crowd of "more than" 300 at UNLV on 9/15: "I believe nuclear power should not be allowed in this country." He "trumped both" Gore and Bush, "saying nuclear waste should be stored where it's produced, not transported to Yucca Mountain, 100 miles northwest of Las Vegas..."

Without nuclear power as one option, it is hard to see how we could control global warming should it turn out to be a severe threat...

And let's make no effort to store the nuclear waste we do generate in places that minimize the danger...