Overtime

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Sep 19 14:11:10 PDT 2000

oh, i just can't resist doug. thought you'd like this discussion too and, although carrol won't be surprised, i thought he might just have fun getting appalled. :)

Chris:

> That is a rather naive expectation that the economic times we are

> experiencing of high employment with low interst rates will

> continue.

Another list member:

Our ability to extort employers has nothing to do with these economic times. It's a result of the fact that we have monopolized competence. And that will continue forever, because our schools are taught by people who totally fail to grasp technical concepts (they'd be in industry if they understood, earning an order of magnitude more money), and run by people who are selected for their capacity to bullshit and play political games rather than their desire to see a truly successful school.