Overtime

Chris Chris at susi.net
Tue Sep 19 15:20:08 PDT 2000

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: kelley <kwalker2 at gte.net> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:11:10 -0400

>oh, i just can't resist doug. thought you'd like this discussion too and,
>although carrol won't be surprised, i thought he might just have fun
>getting appalled. :)
>
>Chris:
> > That is a rather naive expectation that the economic times we are
> > experiencing of high employment with low interst rates will
> > continue.

Appalled at the accuracy of my statement or apalled that they actually think the above is incorrect? <grin>

>Another list member:
>
>Our ability to extort employers has nothing to do with these economic
>times.
> It's a result of the fact that we have monopolized competence.
>And that will continue forever, because our schools are taught by
>people who totally fail to grasp technical concepts (they'd be in
>industry if they understood, earning an order of magnitude more
>money), and run by people who are selected for their capacity to
>bullshit and play political games rather than their desire to see
>a truly successful school.

You think? What about the schools in India and China that have a combined 1.65 Billion people who are just DYING to get into this country and the employers who are just LOBBYING congress to get cheaper workers to fulfill where domestic workers "ability to extort employers" is BLINDED by their ego and politicians just LOVING the money they are getting to place ad's for you to vote for them (Gush or Bore) who both support increased H1-B's that will continue to let them in while you shop around for your BMW.

Pay cash, you may not be able to make the payments in a few years.