Exorcist

Tom Lehman TLehman at lor.net
Sat Sep 23 08:36:37 PDT 2000

I expect we will see more of this exorcism type of mubo-jumbo for awhile.

My favorite cult is the snake handlers. There is scriptual basis for this practice too. The snake handlers handle poison snakes like rattlesnakes and copperheads. If they get bit and die, well that's proof that their faith wasn't strong enough. Some snake handling cults drink poison, although I'm not sure of the scriptual basis of this practice. I am sure it's based on the same scriptural passages as exorcism and snake handling.

>From what I can tell snake handling is bigger now than it was 30 or 40 years
ago. You would think after the interstate highways, cable and satellite TV, and the internet that things would be going shall we say in a more rational direction.

Then too, the mass immigration of "pagans" and other "cultists" into this country should help raise the mumbo-jumbo decible level too.

Tom