New Economy rant

Matt Cramer cramer at unix01.voicenet.com
Tue Sep 26 12:09:15 PDT 2000

Three replies in one, since this is post #3....

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, kelley wrote:

> At 01:49 PM 9/26/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >
> >Aren't lefties allowed to be audiophiles? Just because you might not hear
> >the audio improvement does not mean it doesn't exist......
>
> matt, pay attention. the convo is flying right by you. we have been and
> are discussing this and indeed most of us, except yoshie, agree that we are
> allowed to be audiophiles.

Heh. I realised what you meant after I saw another post that arrived minutes after I sent mine. Cut me some slack. The lack of consecutive processing by the major plus the strange ways people here do attributions and quotations makes it hard to follow who says what. It is specifically hard to realise you were being rhetorical when the original hadn't arrived yet.

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, jf noonan wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Matt Cramer wrote:
>
> > Aren't lefties allowed to be audiophiles?
>
> No, they are not. We have rules, you know.

Damn, just when I was ready to become a revolutionary, I'm faced with listening to music on a Radio Shack clock radio. :-)

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Max Sawicky wrote:

> Sure. And I'm entitled to wear Air Jordans if
> they enhance my feelings of self-worth.

I am curious how you would draw a distinction between subjective pleasure and enhancing one's feelings of self-worth, if there is one. E.g., is there a different motivation for the purchase of the Air Jordans if we are discussing a person who plays basketball three nights a week in the rec. league instead of a person who only wears them around the mall?

Matt

-- Matt Cramer <cramer at voicenet.com> http://www.voicenet.com/~cramer/ That to live by one man's will became the cause of all men's misery.

-Richard Hooker