Spreading rumors

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Thu Sep 28 07:46:08 PDT 2000

>If you enjoy this sort of analysis (rumors as imaginary responses to the
>imaginary understanding of real problems),

*hangs head in shame* i'm sick ain't i?

>you should have come to M-Fem when fans of MacDworkin were going on about
>"snuff films." It's no fun trying to talk sense with them, though, as I
>said offlist.

hooboy, let me have at 'em. having recently been pegged as one of the above because the MacDworkinites have captured the public imagination about feminism, porn, and rape and realizing that it would take forever for me to convince them otherwise (and i hardly act like an uptight sex hating listee ya know?!) i would about like to spank that crew right now. they make me ashamed to call myself a feminist those women.

and lordy, i hate teaching women's studies. trying to talk to my studs about the possibility that porn might not forever and always be a bad thing....oh my, they just don't get it. i attribute this to many things, but i surely lay a large part of the blame at the feet of mackinnon and dworkin for some of their less responsible scholarship.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrowl.

geez, yosh, this sales pitch is kinda working. but you and me, kid, are supposed to be mortal enemies. i don't know if we should team up to bash macdworkinites!? this might upset the ecology of these various lists. <joking, okay?>

kelley