Prague

Lewis Higgins lew at higgins.org.uk
Fri Sep 29 13:12:44 PDT 2000

> From:
> Joe R. Golowka

> "I have never read Marx. Well, I read a few pages then decided he was a
> bore. Karl didn't invent the class struggle, he merely wrote about it in a
> way that impressed some people, using lots of big words. While it can
> certainly be useful to know about the history of the working class, you
> don't need to have studied Marxist theory to know that being bossed around
> is degrading" - Dave Coull

"And now as to myself, no credit is due to me for discovering the existence of classes in modern society or the struggle between them. Long before me bourgeois historians had described the historical development of this class struggle and bourgeois economists the economic anatomy of the classes." - Marx's letter to Weydemeyer, 5 March 1852.

-- Lew