Prague

Jim heartfield jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 29 16:01:35 PDT 2000

In message <PAEIKBNMIIKKMFLMEJMLKENDCBAA.lew at higgins.org.uk>, Lewis Higgins <lew at higgins.org.uk> writes
>> From:
>> Joe R. Golowka
>
>> "I have never read Marx. Well, I read a few pages then decided he was a
>> bore. Karl didn't invent the class struggle, he merely wrote about it in a
>> way that impressed some people, using lots of big words. While it can
>> certainly be useful to know about the history of the working class, you
>> don't need to have studied Marxist theory to know that being bossed around
>> is degrading" - Dave Coull
>
>"And now as to myself, no credit is due to me for discovering the existence
>of classes in modern society or the struggle between them. Long before me
>bourgeois historians had described the historical development of this class
>struggle and bourgeois economists the economic anatomy of the classes." -
>Marx's letter to Weydemeyer, 5 March 1852.

'Ignorance never helped anyone!' Marx, banging the table, to Weitling, leader of the Silesian weavers.

-- James Heartfield

Great Expectations: the creative industries in the New Economy is available from Design Agenda, 4.27 The Beaux Arts Building, 10-18 Manor Gardens, London, N7 6JT Price 7.50 GBP + 1GBP p&p