Uncovering the Right on Campus

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Apr 1 14:49:56 PDT 2001

(Think I sent the previous before finishing...) I'D'ed himself as from YAF. Other highlights of the CSUN days, was when the campus admin.(!) invited to speak after he won the Democratic congressional primary, Tom Metzger of White Aryan Resistance. I wasn't able to get in, but, many members of MeCHA (and maybe LRS???) raised a ruckus inside. Outside, we spent too much effort trying to shoo away (GOOD LUCK!) Irv Rubin from the JDL. (BTW, anyone read the book by Friedman on Kahnae and the JDL?) But, the best experience there at CSUN, a great victory. was when the military recruiters came onto to campus (post Carter reinstition of the draft) with a godamn TANK. Within a few hours the couple of hundred of us, led by Rudy Acuna of the Chicano Studies Dept, who had received some inside intelligence, along with Blase Bonpane, we had thrown those recriters off campus. (BTW, if memory serves, the SDS chapter pres. one yr. at CSUN in the late 60's was the football QB, who was shot at by Northridge police in the wake of Kent State. I also seem to remember that either Mike Klonsky or some other 70's Maoist type had been a student leader at CSUN then.)