(no subject)

LeoCasey at aol.com LeoCasey at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 16:09:11 PDT 2001

<< We are focusing on the Brown rather than the Duke episode because the political importance of the latter is trivial, while the latter raises the whole question of the relationship of white radicals to the black liberation struggle.

And to repeat, since the Horowitz ad did not even make a good pretence of being a serious argument, to respond to it as if it were would be simply to acknowlege the legitimacy of racial harassment and the illegitimacy of blacks responding effectively to such harassment. >>

I was under the impression that Doug had called this particular debate to a halt. Now some may like the idea of debating with no one to respond to them, but it does seem to violate the spirit of what we are said to do here together.

Leo Casey United Federation of Teachers 260 Park Avenue South New York, New York 10010-7272 (212-598-6869)

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never has, and it never will. If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its waters. -- Frederick Douglass --