California power ramifications

Bob Morris bobmorris at mediaone.net
Sun Apr 1 21:20:10 PDT 2001

Imagine possible consequences of the California power crisis this summer

1) a rolling blackout at Disneyland on a busy day with the rides going. There goes tourism.

2) Repeated blackouts in Compton (Latino/Black/not wealthy) but none in Beverly Hills. Should go over big in Compton.

3) The City of L.A. having continual power while other areas have blackouts. The other areas may ask (loudly) that L.A. share the burden too

4) Several weeks of intermittent blackouts could well make people seriously cranky.

(As you can see, I'm in an perky upbeat mood today, must be that book, Grapes of Wrath, that I'm reading...)