Uncovering the Right on Campus

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Sun Apr 1 22:00:49 PDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Lacny" <jplst15+ at pitt.edu> Guide to Uncovering the Right on Campus_, eds. Dalya Massachi
>& Rich Cowan, is a helpful countermove by the Left.
-I have in my possession the book, "Uncovering the Right on Campus," put out -by the Center for Campus Organizing (CCO). Unfortunately, I heard recently -that the CCO is now defunct.

CCO is pretty much defunct now (due to a bit of odd internal politics that ousted Rich Cowan, who was the main organizer and fundraiser), but Rich has started a new effort, the Organizers Collaborative, to support general organizing using Internet resources, including an email service called RightWingWatch to track the Right both on campus and off. Rich received quite a bit of notice for an email pamphlet on the election right last fall called 13 Myths About the Election Results.

I'm attaching info below on both the Org Collaborative (of which I am a Board member) and the RW Watch list:

Organizers' Collaborative PO Box 400897, Cambridge MA 02140 org-c at organizenow.net www.organizenow.net

This message was sent via RWWATCH, a low-traffic forum that responds to right-wing campaigns (coming from any party) to misrepresent the truth in order to undermine democracy.