RES: Ralph Nader's political olive branch to Bush

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Mon Apr 2 18:41:10 PDT 2001

-----Mensagem original----- De

Here's the WSJ article. The WSWS analysis seems a bit overdone, no?

Doug

----

-They seem to be annoyed more by Nader´s friendly stance towards Mr. Bush, than -with the article itself. For a so called leftist is somewhat difficult to have -some symphaty towards a president that conservative Brazilian newspapers are -still considering "the most rightwing US president in many years, even more -conservative than Ronald Reagan". How are you seeing Mr. Bush Presidency? The -WSW had been long talking about him as being a ultra rightist politician, with -close links to the Christian conservatives, while "conventional press" was -speaking about him as a moderate (compassionate?) conservative, close to center. -What were you expecting and what seems to be happening? For me it´s very difficult -to understand the politics of your country, since it seems to be essentially an -one party system, however, I´m feeling some difference now, as far external -politics is concerned....

Alexandre