Singer's latest

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Tue Apr 3 15:27:07 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Kelley Walker wrote:
>
> >At 05:54 PM 4/2/01 -0800, Marta Russell forwarded:
> >
> >><http://www.nerve.com/Opinions/Singer/heavyPetting/>.
> >
> >hey, it might actually be worthwhile to read the article since it
> >really doesn't say much that is terribly absurd and it certainly
> >doesn't do what this idiotic press release suggests.
>
> Thanks for pointing that out. I'd wondered if the press release was a
> joke, but it didn't have an April 1 date on it.
>
> Doug

No joke. The press release was an announcement of the de-throning of Singer from his position at that particular animal group organization. Sheep, afterall, can't and don't give consent to humans to use them for sexual pleasure -- so are you saying you condone having sex with animals? That would certainly give a new slant on farming. Marta