European Unions

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Fri Apr 6 10:44:57 PDT 2001

> Yeah, you hear academics quoting Trotsky on working class militancy
> and consciousness all the time! I remember back in grad school, you
> heard folks in the English department lounge talking about it all the
> time. People laughed out loud when one student said he was doing a
> diss on Tennyson's letters. He was roundly denounced as a complicit
> tool of the aestheticizing bourgeoisie.
>
> Doug

I wasn't referring to your grad school, Doug. I was commenting on those here who, behind academy gates, plan the next step in workers' control of production -- preferably without consulting the workers themselves. Call me a boxhead, but some of the jargon on this list is beyond comprehension. Just who do these "radicals" think they're reaching?

DP