BSE/nvCJD

James Heartfield Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 6 13:30:55 PDT 2001

In message <p05010418b6f3d3d4f819@[216.254.77.128]>, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes
>[the conspiracy reaches France...]
>

>Friday April 6 2:32 PM ET
>Study Points to 'Mad Cow' Blood Risk for Humans
>
>By Greg Frost
>
>PARIS (Reuters) - Monkeys can contract mad cow disease if it is
>injected into their bloodstream, underscoring that infected tissue
>risks transmitting the brain-wasting illness to humans, researchers
>said on Friday.

Oh yes, Doug, the popular pastime of shooting up ox blood, that must explain the prevalence of CJD in British ...monkeys.

I'm still waiting to hear your views on whether you are worried about a disease that is as rare as being killed by lightning. Don't you think that a disease with an incidence of one in three million is rather difficult to attribute to a consumption pattern associated with 94 per cent of the British public.

-- James Heartfield