The left: still dying

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Fri Apr 6 20:47:55 PDT 2001

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Carl Remick wrote:

> but something must be done

Naw. The first thing is to stop feeling guilty that someone, somewhere, isn't working hard enough on Issue X, Y or Z, the flip side of which is our own internalized guilt over not working hard enough on aforesaid issues. We work too damn hard in this society already, and for the most part don't receive the full value of our labor.

The second thing to remember is that this is the *USA* -- a bankrupt, pathetic ex-metropole which can't even hack the metric system, let alone count Presidential ballots or support an indigenous DRAM industry. To paraphrase Nietszche, what's falling by itself doesn't need to be pushed.

-- Dennis