The left: still dying (was Re: European Unions)

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Sat Apr 7 20:21:48 PDT 2001

Justin Schwartz wrote:

> I just love American left anti-intellectualism. Who needs a buncha pointy
> heads sayin things good plain folk cain't unnerstan, anyway?
> Damn fags don know nuthin bout the real world where real manly revo men
> throw bricks through Starbucks' windows.
>
> I recognize this attitude from growuing up in the American South. However,
> the criticism then was not that we damn fags weren't trashing Starbucks, but
> that we weren't making money in some manly way, say by fixin cars.

Yo, Justin. I consider myself to be an intellectual, so I laugh at your charges. ;-)

I guess I turned off by the post-modern crap I've tried to read. At least Doug's book fairly readable.

<< Chuck0 >>

This was the year *everything* changed.

-- Commander Ivanova, 2261

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/

Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe