AAAS

John Lacny jplst15+ at pitt.edu
Mon Apr 9 12:38:05 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes:

>Or the costs of developing the information in the first place. I'm
>constantly getting emails from people complaining that LBO is too
>expensive, that I should give it away on the web, that I should put
>up Acrobat versions of Wall Street and A New Economy? (when it's
>done, which won't be long, I swear!), etc. Like I'm not trying to pay
>the rent by writing, like it costs nothing for Internet access,
>subscriptions, phone calls, travel, and like it takes no time to
>maintain a website.

Someone once asked Woody Guthrie to play at a demonstration, fundraiser, or something of the like. He said he would be willing, and asked how much he would be paid. The organizer was taken aback, saying, "But Mr. Guthrie, it's for a good cause!" He responded: "Ma'am, I don't sing for bad causes."

John Lacny