Scarcity

Mon Apr 9 14:37:10 PDT 2001

>>> jkschw at hotmail.com 04/09/01 04:06PM >>>

I think I actually agree with every word Charles writes here; it must be some kind of a first. A small side point: Yes, Sahlins considers himself a Marxist. But he doesn't advocate that we become hunter gatherers. Learn from them, yes. As Charles suggests. To advocate taht we become H-Gs, that would be profoundly anti-Marxist, also nuts. --jks

(((((((((

CB: Great ! Reminds of when we demonstrated together in Ann Arbor against the U.S. invasion of Grenada.

By the way, here's a case where I can point to a prof. I had: Sahlins was my advisor for my senior year as an anthro major.

Yes, learn from earlier modes and techniques, not actually everybody going back and being fulfledged hunters and gatherers.