Cincy Uprising

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Apr 12 10:03:20 PDT 2001

At 01:26 AM 4/12/01 -0400, Yoshie quoted:
>***** Cincinnati CityBeat 7. 21 (April 12-18, 2001)
>
>A Death Too Far
>Owensby's death. Moran says officers are trained extensively to do
>their job, but in the end they turn too often to force.

That seems to be a rational response in a right-to-bear-arms society. If I were a cop, I would do the exact same thing when facing an over-armed population: shoot first, ask questions later. Bitching about 'police brutality' misses the point that this society first needs to be disarmed (2nd CA notwithstanding) if we are to expect more civil forms of policing.

wojtek