taxes

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 16:03:48 PDT 2001

My taker on the taxes question is that when the proletariat seize the state, the function of taxes will to one extent for programmes, but more importantly it will serve to eliminate wealth, and therefore power from the former ruling class. Taxes are a weapon to disable capitalists.

And yeah, I like Kelly's phrase "Anarcho-Marxism". I believe that Marx was ultimately an anarchist (withering away of the state and all that), but not in the forums it took during his time. Anarchists wanted to somehow skip the part about the "dictatorship of the proletariat" and go straight to an egalitarian society. How is that possible without first disarming the power of wealth from the ruling class? Beats the hell outta me!

Kevin Dean