Cincy Uprising

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Thu Apr 12 19:38:07 PDT 2001

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> 1. there is significant probablity that a person you are
> approaching/apprehending may be armed
> 2. that person's behavior suggest that he/she may want to use a weapon.
>
> These are real-life situations, Not long ago, 2 cops in MD wre shot to
> death while responding to a noise complaint. I'm pretty sure that every PD
> in this country has something similar in their institutional memory.
>
> A larger point I'm trying to make is to move away from the trivial bitching
> about 'police brutality' and start examining the organizational/structural
> conditions of police work in this country. A point often missed is that
> what looks like 'racial profiling' or 'police brutality' is in fact
> 'collateral damage' - the price this society pays for the right to bear
> arms. It would make sense to have some discussion whethere the benefit of
> that right is worth the price, and whether people who are benefiting are
> the same who are paying the price.

My position on gun control goes like this: we'll talk about disarming the population after we've disarmed the state.

I spent most of my day taking pictures of cops and undercover Feds. We had an anti-FTAA demo here and I thought it would be worthwhile to do some counter-intelligence. The cops know we are doing this and they don't like it. They claim that is has hurt their ability to use undercover agents to infiltrate our meetings.

Hey piggies, payback for COINTELPRO is a bitch, isn't it?

I also overheard a piggie today telling a journalist that the cops were upset because we hadn't consulted with them about the protest.

<< Chuck0 >>

This was the year *everything* changed.

-- Commander Ivanova, 2261

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/

Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe