Scarcity

Forstater, Mathew ForstaterM at umkc.edu
Thu Apr 12 11:16:24 PDT 2001

From: Kelley Walker

>can't have much of a mass revo in a world in which language is extremely
>localized and in which knowledge is communicated via oral tradition.

and we probably wouldnt need one?

Brad thinks one-word replies (like "Illiteracy") to the suggestion that there are some positive social values in traditional societies are sufficient, implying that lack of written literature is proof of some larger, general ignorance. I was trying to remind that this is not the case--not promoting book burning or expressing the opinion we would be better off without writing.