Cincy Uprising

Kelley Walker kelley at interpactinc.com
Fri Apr 13 02:37:01 PDT 2001

At 08:49 PM 4/12/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Wojtek says:
>
>>Blacks are significantly more likely (7 times as likely to be exact) as
>>whites to commit homicide. They are also more likely (6x) than whites to
>>be a victims of homicide; see: http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/htius.pdf
>>pages 40-41.

woj says these data support his point which was, what?, that the sizzlean have a legit reason to be more afraid of blacks?

jesus jumpin christ on a pogo stick

so, because blacks kill one another more then this means blacks are more likely to kill cops? how many of the 100 or so cops killed violently on the job last year were killed by blacks? this figure alone is enough to discredit the sizzlean's assumption that they are at some sort of horrid risk. i can guarantee you that there are many occupational categories that have a higher on the job death rate.

but, more importantly, most homicides are the result of interpersonal/familial violence(52%; 14% strangers; 33%undetermined). the interpersonal homicide rate among blacks is almost 4x that of whites. so, leaving aside the little problem that the way we count crimes is highly problematic anyway, they may not be more prone to random public violence at nearly the rates suggested by a skim of those numbers. thus they are not nearly as big a threat as the sizzlean think.

kelley