CP Women's equality conference

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 13 15:54:57 PDT 2001

CB: So your responses to the women's equality statement is "girls just want to have fun " ?

Oh dear! No, it's a good statement, as Chris Burford said. (And as long, as Sam Webb, keeps on opening up the CPUSA, it's a good thing, though, I doubt the ultimate gains in long term cadre retention will be significant.) BTW, Cindi Lauper, who you quote has a brother that was in the SWP. Ran for office in Cleveland once, so I was told once. Am I right the only open SWP member ever elected to a political office was a city council member in Oceanside, California in the late 70's? The Sparts once had a member elected to a community college board in San Francisco. My main intent (should have said some prefacing words) was to piggyback on your post from Webb, to give a fyi on the CPUSA listserv. Michael Pugliese