Fwd: FW: NAFTA has harmed workers in all three countries

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 13 16:00:50 PDT 2001

How about radioactive pancakes? My Dad, was based at Lowry AFB and is undergoing chemo now. Prognosis is good. He had a huge fluid buildup, liters and liters in one of his lungs. Family is considering joining a class action suit. Michael Pugliese

Mike: Thank you so much for this information. Your last several messages are the kind I love and love you for. The bad side of this article is that we lived (your mom, Tina, and you) for 8 years in the trailer park near this dump and was eating the wheat products that resulted from the dumping. What this means son is that you were exposed also. It is now something to watch and check for since it has been 20 plus years since we lived on Lowry. Another part of this link is that I worked with a fellow at Lowry that rountinely scavenged the dump daily for building materials that he used for renovating his rental properties. From my research, I found that asbestos exposure can come from exposure to clothing containing asbestos fibers or dust blowing on the wind. The trailer park we lived in was a short distance from the park and was next to the aircraft run way. Grace said we should contact Erin Brokivich's law office in Thousand oaks and see if they would consider instituting a Class Action suit on our behalf and at no cost. I'm your Mom can remember better than I the names of the others living in the trailer park and others serving at Lowry at the time.

Love ya Dad

----- Original Message ----- From: Michael Pugliese <debsian at pacbell.net> To: Big Sister <Jucetomato at aol.com>; Pug & Grace <pug.pug at verizon.net>; Warren R Stone <stone at pacificnet.net> Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 10:20 PM Subject: Lowry Toxic Dump/Denver Sewers

> http://www.sfbg.com/News/35/28/28pc.html

> 9. EPA plans to pipe possibly radioactive waste through Denver's sewage
> system
>
> Between 1950 and 1980, millions of gallons of industrial waste were dumped
> into the Lowry landfill near Denver, Colo. The Environmental Protection
> Agency declared the landfill a Superfund site in 1984. The groundwater
there
> may contain plutonium, one of the deadliest substances on the planet. What
> to do with it?
>
> Here's the EPA's suggestion: pipe it through the Denver sewage system,
then
> use it to fertilize crops in Colorado's farmland.
>
> According to a 1991 report by the very companies that polluted the site,
the
> landfill contains radioactive waste at levels up to 10,000 times greater
> than average levels at Boulder's notorious Rocky Flats nuclear weapons
> plant. (The EPA insists there's no plutonium at Lowry.)
>
> Denver's sewage is used as fertilizer. If there's plutonium running
through
> Denver's sewage system, it will be used to fertilize wheat for human
> consumption – and we may wind up eating radioactive pancakes.
>
> Colorado's two biggest papers, the Denver Post and the Rocky Mountain
News,

http://www.progressive.org/cgi-bin/hilite.cgi?target=/toc0500.htm&line=60#hi