Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Apr 17 09:37:46 PDT 2001

John Gulick wrote:

>Kind of like
>"anti-globalist" hippie kids whose parents are tax attorneys with 401K plans.

Eh? Students can only be authentic radicals if their parents are working class?

An excerpt from a paper by Richard Freeman and Kim Elliott <http://www.nber.org/~confer/2000/si2000/elliot.pdf> shows that activist kids do come from more affluent families, but their parents also tend to be more left and more supportive than most: