Hitchens No Orwell

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 17 19:01:35 PDT 2001

>From: "Nathan Newman" <nathan at newman.org>

To the contrary, Nathan, I'd say you're ensnared in the most "self-defeating delusion" of all: confusing genius with a bull market. There has been a zesty appetite for right-wing twaddle for a full generation because that's where the money was -- thanks to the surging stock market that started in 1982. That market is dead, dead, dead. It would be increasingly easy for the left to expose the intellectual vacuity of the right at this point -- if the left itself wasn't so vacuous now.